The Subcommittee on Housing and Insurance will hold a hearing entitled “Modernizing Appraisals: A Regulatory Review and the Future of the Industry” at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, November 16, 2016. This hearing will examine the appraisal industry since the creation of the Appraisal Subcommittee in 1989, review the Dodd-Frank Act’s impact on appraisers, consumers and stakeholders, and explore the future of appraisals, including alternative home valuation methods.
The link to view the hearing is: http://financialservices.house.gov/
This will be a one-panel hearing with the following witnesses:
- Mr. James R. Park, Executive Director, Appraisal Subcommittee
- Mr. David S. Bunton, President, The Appraisal Foundation
- Ms. Joan N. Trice, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Clearbox
- Mr. Bill Garber, Director of Government and External Relations, Appraisal Institute
- Mr. Ed Brady, Chairman of the Board, National Association of Home Builders
- Ms. Jennifer S. Wagner, Managing Attorney, Mountain State Justice, Inc.